maanantai 17. joulukuuta 2012

My trip in America!


There is nothing particularly amazing that happened when I was there. It’s just the feeling of returning home to were you once lived. My trip starts at Helsinki airport where I take a struggling 9 hour flight all the way to Minneapolis airport were I meet my dad. I do the flight alone with my younger brother. I’ve traveled alone many times but I always have butterflies in my stomach and the feeling that I’m going to miss my flight. When I meet up with my dad we started driving home, but we stopped and get something to eat (fast-food) that they don’t have in Finland.

The first couple of days there was just relaxing and getting used to everything. After that the baseball season starts, which is one of the main reasons why I went there. Baseball is my favorite sport. I love watching it and playing it. When I was there, I, my dad and my brother went to a major league baseball game which was really exciting. The game was tied most of the time, with one team getting in the lead and then the other team tieing it up again.  The stadium has an amazing 39504 seats so you can imagine the noise. We got to the stadium early so the gates were still closed. The big lines were just waiting to get in. When the ticket collectors came to open the gates everyone cheered and rushed in. When you walked around the stadium you could see all the different foods and hear the sellers trying to sell shirts and hats.

But enough on baseball, if you haven’t noticed I’ve been saying a lot about food. My favorite place we went to eat was a BBQ restaurant called “Famous Dave’s BBQ”. The name tells it all and the food is the best. The food is traditional American. They serve pork ribs, chicken or beef briskets with you choice of BBQ sauces (and my favorite cornbread). The restaurants are decorated with old pictures and paintings which gives a traditional feeling to the place. Also from inside the restaurant looked like a log cabin.

Also the weather in Minnesota is something I loved. The humidity on sunny days and the lighting storms that went on for even a whole day. The weather was mostly sunny. The humidity was so strong when you got out of the house or car with air-conditioning, the heat wave will hit you and would make you feel “lazy”, like staying in a hot tub for a long time and just wanting to lie down. The storms were continues and usually came at night. You could hear the thunder continuously every minute or so, shaking the windows and making a loud boom.

In the end I encourage people to go see Minnesota at some point in their life. You can see the city, the food, or the wild life they have it all!

4 kommenttia:

  1. Although I've been to many US states, unfortunately Minnesota is still on my list of places to see. After reading your description, I'd definitely want to go and see it! Famous Dave's BBQ sounds like an interesting place to go and eat - pity you didn't have a picture of the decor to share with us.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Minnesota is one of the more calm states of America but its a nice one thats worth visiting. It is a pity that I dont have a picture but if you ever get the chance to go to Minnesota, Famous Dave's is one place that you can go eat. Thank you for reading my post!

      Poista
  2. I haven't been to US before but I've always loved to go there and Minnesota sounds like a good place to visit! And that "Famous Dave's BBQ" sounds delicious.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yes it is! If you ever get the chance to visit Minnesota, Famous Dave's is a place to eat!

      Poista